BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 27, 2008

I'm Shocked!

I was so surprised this evening when I asked (kind of half-heartedly, not expecting any results) Hunter where his body parts (nose, mouth, eyes, ears, hair, tummy, winkie, bum, toes, hand) were, and he knew them! I remember when Darius was little we drilled him on those questions until there was no way he could NOT know where they were. I've NEVER asked Hunter where anything was, and I asked him a bunch, and without hesitation he knew!
My jaw dropped, and I was shocked...almost speechless. He learned this on his own, without guidance...at 19 months old! (I wonder why I'm so shocked when he knows about 60 signs)
Holy Shit, I thought...my baby isn't a baby anymore, he knows himself!
I miss my babies...I wish they were babies, and not as grown up as they are. Darius is going to be 6 this year, and Hunter's going to be 2!!
It's going too fast, I can't keep an accurate memory of them as they are today in my head, or my heart. I want to grab them and hold them tight like this forever. I don't want them to ever grow up.
Then I remember I can handle anything they throw my way, and come back to my senses.

1 thoughtful remarks:

Anonymous said...

he is smarter than smart, he has always seemed that way from the start. Face it you has very intelligent boys :P. Mum