BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Snow Be-Moaners

I don't quite understand what the big deal is with snow. Everyone (so I've noticed) gets so worked up when talking about snow that's coming, or even weather for that matter. What happened to all those happy-go-lucky people who just take things as they come, without fear that the world is going to end (an exaggeration, I know) when the next weather front hits?
The neighbors, the ppl at the grocery store, church people, relatives...they all seem to do the same thing. Doomsdayers, who panic at the thought of any bad weather. My husband is included in that, though not to the extent that I've seen some strangers go to.
I tend to sit back (cause they all have that look of stricken panic) and watch the goings on, shaking my head. I wonder what the big deal is...each year there's snow, or rain, or lots of wind, or whatever.
Snow, you drive nice and slow, and it doesn't matter how long it takes you to get where you're going, as long as you get there.
Rain, once again, drive slow, and if other people want to be idiots, let them. Who cares how long it takes you to get somewhere, or how much you hold other people up, it's their own fault for not leaving earlier.
Wind, well, just make sure you have both hands on the streering wheel.
When y'all hear about big weather coming, don't worry...life will go on, provided you treat it with the right amount of respect.
I find having my vehicle fully stocked for any emergency lessen's any amount of fear of breaking down that I may have, so be prepared works too.
That is my advice to you people, who need to take a deep breath and just relax, this is life...stop fighting it and go with the flow.

0 thoughtful remarks: