BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Lost friends

*sighs*
I just finished telling tyler that I don't want to be his friend until he can understand what it's like to be in a family, or at the very least, be married. I feel terrible, because I know it comes as a huge blow to him. I can't even explain how bad I feel, but I finally understand why it is that peopl say that married people shouldn't have single friends.
I just pissed one of my closest, longest friends off. Basically because he doesn't understand what it takes to be a responsible part of a family, or a parent.
He dropped in this weekend, and things just didn't go well for it.

2 thoughtful remarks:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you feel badly about your decision, but sounds like it was a decision you felt you needed to make. How he took it and felt is his responsibility, not yours...don't feel guilty. Healthy boundaries are quite a responsibility and it feels even more so when one person has to take the responsibility to establish them. Ama

Nietha said...

It's probably for the best, I'm sure you didn't make the decision lightly. Everything has pros and cons and if he brings more cons than pros then it's not good for either of you. It's not like you could've asked him to change, as that's not your place to mold people into who you would like them to be. Just be happy about the good memories. =)