BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It's So Close

It's been a great season so far. other than the fact that I am busy as all get out. ;)
I've been hired back on in the Daycare at work, and as such, come the New Year, I will be working alone in the daycare on two afternoons during the week. Kinda scary, but this will definitely inspire me to further my Early Childhood Education certifications.

Winter is turning out to be all I expected it to be in this region, and I won't lie...I'm loving it!
There's snow when there should be snow, there's muffled quiet, and there's beauty in every tree I can see from my kitchen window.
I have officially survived the Christmas Parties that I had planned on attending, and removed myself from the guest-list of those I decided I didn't have the energy for. I'm continually amazed at how much energy Christmas is taking from me this year.
I'm at home this week. I thought I had a hangover on Sunday, then I realized when I woke up the next morning, (and the morning after) that I must have caught a version of the stomach flu that is circulating in our area. It sucks. I just now got the idea to place buckets randomly throughout the house. I wish I had thought of that before.
My tree is up, my home is as decorated as it's going to get. I've gotten the makings for Christmas Dinner, and my mom has H for this week (thank goodness!). All those relatives who will be joining us, and a few who were un-expected, will be arriving soon.
Ready for the holiday. And, honestly, I didn't buy any gifts for anyone else, besides the kids. It feels kinda weird, and Grinchy, but I think I may be able to get used to it.
I'm lookin forward to having some time with family, but will also be working through the holiday season. Shame.

1 thoughtful remarks:

dolce la robyn said...

omgd the boys are getting bigger! merry xmas & happy new year, amber :)